Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mac to Matt

In January we took Darren to the first Duck basketball game at the new Matt Court.  It was a pretty cool place, much more intimate than I was expecting.  The put on a major show with lots of music, dancing, and pyrotechnics.  Then Uncle Phil spoke and it was pretty touching.  I get a bit annoyed with all the focus on sports around this town, but then I remembered that Phil was a duck to and this town is very lucky for that!
Darren wasn't very interested in the game but spent the whole time playing "Where's The Duck?".  From the moment he repelled down from the rafters,  Darren was all over pointing him out on the floor and in the crowd.  Thank goodness the women in front of us didn't mind him constantly reaching over them to point him out!

After about 30 minutes Darren was done, but we had a great time and can now say, "We were there when."

1 comment:

Hoff House said...

It looks like there will be another Hoff Duck fan in the family...I gotta work on this "Roll Tide" Was so excited to see your new post!