The Science Factory is a little place in Eugene that is kind of like OMSI. It is over by Autzen stadium and as both Darren and I are suffering from the boring-too-cold-outside doldrums I though we would check it out on their special toddler day. This place is a gold mine! Truth be told we didn't even get to do the toddler day stuff because we were so busy with everything else.
First up, watching a thing about sharks while standing in a boat! Darren loved this thing and just stood there for a long time. I think it was kind of a safe place to hang out while he got the lay of the land.
Next up, they have a tubing system all around the ceiling and balls travel around in it. Kind of like the canisters at the bank. He loved watching them go but it made him kind of dizzy trying to keep track of them. I just sat in one spot!
The main exhibit they had was all about toys and how they work. I have no idea what this thong was or how it worked but D looked like some kind of mad scientist as he played. He also loved the Elmo doll that was all taken apart but still spoke, I found it a bit creepy!
Overall, it was a really great time and I can't wait to take him back.



2 comments:
How fun! I bet Darren slept great that night!
He was so jazzed up he didn't nap and fell dead asleep in his high chair during dinner. We are going again tomorrow so Chris can see what all the fuss is about.
Post a Comment