I learned that song in Mr. Denler's first grade class and I sing it in my head every time I write the word Halloween. This year the whole thing finally made sense to Darren. He learned about it in school and saw things on TV. He understands that some things are scary but that masks and costumes are pretend. He still doesn't really know what candy is but that didn't seem to slow him down when it came to knocking on people's doors and saying, "Trick or Treatin'."
Before the big day we carved pumpkins, and this was the first time he could really get his hands dirty - and boy did he!
| |
| Slimy guts! |
He learned in school that the pumpkins have seeds inside so he really loved pulling them out, but we left the actual carving to Chris.
For the actual day he dressed up as a cowboy and we headed out. He loved seeing all of the neighbors and was very brave about waiting for people to answer the doors. So cute. Yee Haw Y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment